How Can I Get Involved?
Scottish Food & Drink Fortnight 2017 is profiling a range of different daily food themes and asking everyone, whatever their connection to the Scottish Food and Drink industry, to simply change one thing and tell us about it using #onethingfortnight.
Scottish Food & Drink Fortnight highlights the great variety of food and drink available in Scotland. It encourages people to be more aware that Scotland boasts some of the best natural produce in the world and great variety can be found in every pocket of the country.
There are many things you can do to help Scottish Food & Drink Fortnight come to life with ideas specific to foodservice operators, retailers, producers and consumers available below.
Fishing & Farming
- Scotland’s primary producers have a strong reputation for quality, with success stories including Scotch Beef, Scotch Lamb and Scottish Salmon PGI
- Join in with the Fortnight to celebrate your role in the success of the Scottish food and drink industry:
- Download the PR Toolkit which contains ideas on getting involved and the logo
- Follow us on twitter @scotfoodfort and tweet us your plans
- Use the hashtag on social media to join in with the conversation #onethingfortnight
- Encourage a local journalist to spend a ‘day in the life’ of your business, learning how the end- product is created
- Create recipes showcasing your products for use to share with consumers
- The proof is in the eating so get permission to arrange sampling events to allow consumers to taste your products – in your local high street, shopping centre or at community events
- Join in on social media using #onethingfortnight
- Create a ‘Scottish dish of the day’ for every day of the Fortnight (or even just one of the days). Have the dish cooked and handed out as free samples, encouraging customers to try something new
- Hold a special cookery demonstration for customers on how to cook some of Scotland’s top- quality produce
- Showcase ideas for your customers on ways they could change one thing and support Scottish producers
- Have a look to see if there’s a new local supplier you can support by introducing them to your retail offering. You could even ask your customers on social media if they have any favourites!
- Tell us about what you’re up to using #onethingfortnight
- Create a special Scottish Food & Drink Fortnight dish or drink for your menu
- Celebrate the Scottish produce you have on your menu by giving them a ‘shout out’ on social media
- Look to see if there are any changes, big or small, you could implement to include more Scottish produce in your offering and tell us about them on social media using #onethingfortnight
- Run a competition for customers or readers or your local paper to win a complimentary meal
- Invite the farmers and fishermen who supply your business to visit for a meal
- Shop local during the Fortnight to support your local businesses
- Try a new Scottish product and share what you tried on social media using the hashtag #scotfoodfort
- Celebrate your local farmer or fishermen by visiting your local butcher or fishmonger
- Tell the world who your favourite producers are by talking about them on social media