- 2 corn-fed chicken supremes
- 50g pinhead oatmeal
- 10g butter
- ½ shallot, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 50g black pudding or boudin noir
- Remove the fillet from each of the chicken breasts and place in a food processor along with the black pudding and blitz to a mousse.
- Sauté the shallot and garlic in the butter until soft, add the oatmeal and cook on a low heat for 2-3 minutes, taste and season.
- Allow the oatmeal mix to cool and combine with the chicken mousse and mix well.
- Bat out the chicken until it is approximately twice the size (5mm thick).
- Spoon the mixture onto each of the chicken breasts and roll up into a sausage shape. Tie each end to secure and poach in hot water for around 20 minutes.
- Remove the clingfilm and crisp the skin in a hot sauté pan.
- Slice and serve with some wilted kale tossed in butter, salt & pepper.
Craig Wood is the Chef and Patron of The Wee Restaurant