2017: History & Heritage
During 2017’s Scottish Food & Drink Fortnight, we will be focusing on the history and heritage of Scotland’s farming, fishing, food and drink industry as part of ‘The Year of History, Heritage and Archaeology 2017‘.
Our history and heritage defines us as a nation for many visitors, it is an iconic part of our national story as well as a major contributor to our economy.
From hundred-year-old recipes to traditional products being made by the fifth generation, our traditions, stories, myths and legends will shine a spotlight on Scotland’s greatest assets and hidden gems.
2017 is the year to delve into the past and discover Scotland’s fascinating producers’ stories.
How can I get involved in the theme?
- Email us your stories related to the theme and we’ll share it
- Join in with the conversation on twitter using #HHA2017 and #scotfoodfort
- Attend one of the hundreds of events taking place throughout the country
- Share your story on social media and tag @scotfoodfort
- Tell us about the history of your products or production methods